Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Knocking It Out

I'm a firm believe that the Met Gala is the biggest fashion event of the year, bigger than the Oscars. The fashion, as one can expect, is always inspiring. We often see so many insipid dresses worn to the Academy Awards that people go ga-ga over. Kate Winslet, for example, accepted her award in a terrible gown. Not that this doesn't happen at the Gala, but even when they're bad, they're at least interesting.

My best dressed from this week's event has got to be Jessica Szohr, of Gossip Girl fame, in Atelier Versace. She brought everything I love about red carpet dressing: she was interesting, fashion-forward and sexy. She selected an excellent silhouette that showed off her bangin' body and the color was A+. All and all, I thought she looked absolutely stunning. While others were drooling over J.Lo's princess dress or Blake Lively's obvious option (both of whom looked great), I couldn't get over how perfect Ms. Szohr looked. I was blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment