Sunday, May 23, 2010

Go nuts!

Today I'm at Starbucks taking advantage of the free Wi-fi and coffee refills. Officially, I'm working on a couple of projects for a few magazines I write for. Unofficially, I'm checking out the fine folks who are spending their cloudy Sunday afternoon in a climate-controlled, caffeine-scented room.

In any case, about an hour ago I found myself peckish and in desperate need of a snack. Unexpectedly, Starbucks sells these packaged nuts from Sahale Snacks that come in various flavors like parmesan and herbs, chili and cheddar and pomegranate and vanilla. I chose the barbeque almonds with mild chipotle and ranch. They're really good. I ravaged through the pack in like 5 minutes. Starbucks is an exclusive retailer, and at $2.50 a pack, they're more expensive than anything Planters sells, but with these interesting flavor combinations, I say go ahead, girl, go ahead, get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment