Friday, May 7, 2010

There is only one Sasha fierce

I used to be obsessed with models. Obsessed. One of my favorites was Lily Cole, and I convulsed when i saw her live on the runway for the very first time. Now, not so much. But I do enjoy scouring the internet for magazine photo spreads and ad campaigns to check up on the girls.

I've always loved Sasha Pivovarova. She has a quiet intensity that translates so effortlessly and beautiful on photos. She is captivating. Paolo Roversi recently shot her (along with Guinevere van Seenus) for a Italian Vogue story. I found scans of the entire story on noirfacade, but here are my favorites of the only Sasha fierce there is and ever will be.








In the same issue Mario Sorrenti shot Sasha for a slightly darker and oilier story. Again, the entire spread is available on noirfacade, but my favorites are below. She shows incredible versatility. First, she's a fresh-faced waif dressed in white; minutes later, she sheds the innocence for a tougher, harder look, and she's just as perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment