Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TIE DYE GROUND HOG

So that damn ground hog predicts six more weeks of winter. How depressing. It is mind-numbingly cold in New York -- I can barely stand it.

There's plenty to look forward to once warm weather is here. I can play more tennis; I can wear shorts again; and I won't need a coat to hide my outfits. As I mentally prepare myself for Spring, I can't help but reference the SS 2010 Menswear collection from famed Italian label Bottega Veneta. I remember seeing it on Men's Style (before it became GQ.com) for the first time, and my visceral reaction was entirely too spiritual. I loved everything about it. The colors and silhouettes were fantastic. It was masculine with just enough whimsy to make it absolutely magical. And the accessories? Amazing.


I will try my hand at being this Bottega man. I feel that I have the basics to make it work like the penny loafers, a large bag, scarves, etc. The colors are easy enough, too. But here's what I need to really personify the collection:

  1. tie dye sweaters
  2. shiny shorts
  3. statement making weekender
  4. floral print shorts (I don't think I can rock that print on full length pants)
  5. a varsity jacket or safari jacket

I'm gonna try the usual suspects: Uniqlo, H&M and Urban Outfitters first. I hope to be this man full-time when my birthday rolls around in May.

Bonne chance a moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment